Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I Haven't Got Time For The Pane(s)

Yes, I spelled that p-a-n-e-s. As in windows. 34Q got new ones installed this afternoon. Got the text from Randy about 5 hours before flight time, said he'd just found out they were putting them in today. And as a result, you guessed it, no flight lesson for me this week. 

It's just as well. Here's the METAR for about the time I'd have been finishing my preflight walkaround:

KHNB 022115Z AUTO 23007KT 3SM OVC006 02/00 A3020 RMK AO1

In case you don't know how to read the METAR, in a nutshell, the clouds were too low. And it didn't end up getting much better. In fact, the ceiling dropped another 200 feet a few hours later, and is now back up to 600. 

We'll try again next Tuesday. Forecast at this point is upper 30s & partly cloudy. As long as they're 2,000 MSL or above, I don't care if it's overcast. As long as I can get some landing practice in, I'm content. 

Two Victor Uniform, clear of the active.



No comments:

Post a Comment