Er, replaced with new that is.
A few weeks back I learned that when 34Q was down for her next 100-hour, she'd be getting a new engine and new avionics. That time has come - my instructor texted me this morning with the 'unfortunate' news. Unfortunate, because this means I won't be flying next week. At all. And, although I'm discouraged about the fact that this will mean another three week stretch between flying, I'm excited to see her with the new hardware and hear the roar of the new engine.
Honestly, the weather early next week isn't looking that great anyway. Mid-70s during the day and 40s and 50s for the lows. This is setting up the perfect conditions for an unstable atmosphere, and the forecast shows it. Rain and storms for the next five days, with an 80% chance of T-storms Monday (when I was scheduled to fly), I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and I've found a surprising patience in all of the delays and lesson cancellations throughout the summer. Timing is everything, and it does seem everything is setting up to fall into place at the perfect time. Until then, I'll continue with ground school studies and practicing with FSX and X-Plane.
Two Victor Uniform, clear of the active.