Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

Thank you, Tom Petty.  Truer words were never spoken, especially when it's been over 3 weeks between flights.

34Q is still at the avionics shop in Henderson, getting all fancied up with a G430 & some other goodies (I know a new engine was expected at some point, possibly a new interior, but the most I've heard confirmed during this downtime is the Garmin gear so far).  IF I get to fly next Tuesday, it will have been 4 weeks since I've been in the cockpit.  That ties the longest stretch between flights since I started lessons back in May.

I've been spending lots of time in FSX, doing lots of pattern work in the Carenado C172N and the A2A Accusim C172R Trainer just to keep up on the basics, but there's just no comparison to the real thing.  I think I've said it before, but I'll repeat, flying the real plane is so much easier.

I keep reminding myself it could be worse, and that it will all come together.  Patience is something I've learned a lot about in recent years.  But now, I have that same feeling I get when I'm going somewhere with someone, we're on a tight schedule, and I'm waiting on them because they're running behind, and we're running out of time.

2VU clear of the active

No comments:

Post a Comment