Monday, March 2, 2015

Plan C....As In Continue

Had a phone call this last hour from Randy, who had just spoken with Wayne (FAA Ops), who I also spoke with later.  Their recommendation, and I agree 100%, is for me to call CAMI and get an extension on my medical flight test authorization, then continue my PPL training. 

As it stands now, I can train right up until the moment I am ready to take my PPL checkride.  This means I can fly solo, train for cross-country, do my solo cross-country flights, and prepare for the checkride.  At the point I am ready for my checkride, I also have the option to take both tests in combination (I think I may have mentioned that option being offered to me in one of my early blog posts last fall), with Wayne being the one administering the test.  

This seems to make the most sense to me.  By that time I will be more confident and comfortable in the plane, and the medical portion will be a second thought to me.  In a nutshell, by passing the checkride I will automatically satisfy the conditions of the medical flight test, thereby eliminating the need to take both tests separately.  

Wayne was apologetic for things not panning out this time around, but honestly, I'm over it.  As long as we have a plan, and I can continue flying toward my PPL requirements, I'm good to go.  

Next lesson is scheduled for Wednesday night at 18:30 local.  That is, of course, if the weather permits.  Another winter weather system is expected to hit Wednesday, so we'll see.  

Two Victor Uniform, clear of the active

1 comment:

  1. awesome news!
    Go out there and be a pilot!

    I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete